Robben and Sons Heating, Inc.
We have been helping customers with their home heating, air conditioning, boiler heat and water heaters for over 85 years. We are ready to help you now whether it be service or maintenance or providing replacement equipment.
You can trust our team of NATE-certified Service Technicians to deliver expert service and installation in residences, housing complexes, and businesses throughout the Portland area.
As a factory-authorized dealer of equipment from Bryant Heating and Cooling, we can install and service the most advanced equipment in the industry. Our team is also fully trained to work on boilers, furnaces, air conditioners, heat pumps and more by many different manufacturers.
We specialize in energy efficient systems and provide expert tune-ups and repairs. When you work with us, you’ll see that we always put customer satisfaction at the top of our priorities.
We Service All Makes and Models
An air conditioner, just like a car, needs regular maintenance and service to run efficiently. At Robben and Sons we recommend getting your air conditioning unit serviced and cleaned once a year. The optimum time is in the spring to ensure your unit will run with the most efficiency during the hottest summer months. You need to be able to rely on your air conditioner for your comfort here in Clackamas, OR.
Why Is Maintenance Important?
The short answer is it saves you money!
An air conditioner collects dust and dirt continuously as it sits throughout the year, not only in the months when it’s running. Though this tiny debris may not seem harmful, when it accumulates throughout the year, it can make its way into the cracks and crevices of your unit, as well as everywhere else. This creates gunk and wreaks havoc on the different parts involved in the cooling process.
When this happens, parts break down much sooner than expected and can add up to costly repairs. It also decreases the life expectancy of your system, forcing you to purchase a new air conditioner much sooner than you may have planned.
Regular air-conditioning maintenance also supports your system’s energy efficiency. Simple acts you can perform yourself, like replacing a dirty and clogged air filter, can reduce your energy consumption by 5 to 15 percent. This translates to you spending less money on your utility bills. Professional and DIY maintenance alleviates higher bills and keeps your air conditioner working at its manufacturer’s intended efficiency.
Even if you are fastidious with doing your own regular home maintenance, you should always have your unit cleaned and checked in the spring by a professional. There are many tasks only a professional technician is trained and certified to perform. Neglecting these professional tasks constitutes poor maintenance and will negatively affect your system in the long run, again, costing you money.
What Can I Expect My Technician to Do During My Annual Maintenance?
Here’s a brief overview of what our knowledgeable and experienced technicians do during your air-conditioning-maintenance appointment:
- Clean and check condenser coils and evaporators, if necessary.
- Clean and adjust blower components for proper system airflow to create increased comfort levels.
- Check ducts for debris, and if debris is present, remove it to allow for maximum airflow.
- Clean and check aluminum fins. If they are crushed or bent in any fashion, this affects proper air distribution.
- Inspect internal parts for broken, chipped, or other damage, which may not be easily noticed. If your air conditioner continues to run with damaged parts or areas, your system will eventually fail.
- Clean and check condensate drain, to prevent any blockages or mold buildup. Backups can cause water damage to equipment.
- Tighten connections, both mechanical and electrical. Loose connections cause incorrect operations.
- Check coolant level for leaks. Leaks prevent your air conditioner from working, and the refrigerant could damage anything it touches.
- Check system’s thermostat for accuracy.
- Check system controls to be sure all works safely.
- Provide you with a summary of work performed and share any findings regarding needed repairs or upgrades, as well as maintenance you can perform yourself between maintenance visits.
Schedule Your Maintenance Today
Don’t delay in scheduling your annual air-conditioner maintenance with our Robben and Sons professionals. With spring now here, our calendar is quickly filling. Call us at 503-233-5841 today to be sure your maintenance is done before you need to use your system this year!
Need HVAC Service?
Contact the experts!
For 80 years, Robben and Sons has been serving the Portland community, providing excellence in heating and cooling service and installation. We service all of Portland and the surrounding communities: Beaverton, Clackamas, Damascus, Forest Grove, Gresham, Hillsboro, Lake Oswego, Oregon City, Portland, Sherwood, Troutdale, Tualatin, West Linn, Wilsonville. If you do not see your city listed here please call our office and we will be happy to help you.